Office Administrator Job Posting
Grace Lutheran Church
Grace Lutheran Church is looking for a reliable part time Office Administrator. The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision. They will be self-motivated and trustworthy. The office administrator will work with the Pastor(s) ensuring the smooth functioning of the Church Office.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Office organization, answering phones
- Scheduling Church Activities and maintaining the Calendar and mailing lists
- Assisting the Pastor(s) with preparation of Worship materials
- Assisting the Pastor(s) with administrative tasks
- Scheduling appointments with the Pastor(s)
- Ordering of supplies
- Assisting in publication and distribution of Church Communications including the Church Web Page
- Good interpersonal skills, an outgoing personality and a friendly telephone manner
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Self initiative and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize work
Education and Skills Required:
- Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Publisher, and Power Point
- Able to use common e-mail programs
- Knowledge of Google Suite preferred
- Proficiency with Word Perfect is an asset
- Comfort with Social Media Platforms is an asset
- High School Diploma or higher
- Certificate n Office Technology/Administration preferred
This is a part time position working 20 hours per week Monday – Friday with some flexibility in scheduling. Rate of pay is $20.00 per hour.
Preference will be given to active members of a Lutheran Church Canada congregation.
References must be provided at time of interview.
A Current (within 3 monthes) Criminal Record Check is required at the time of hire.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com