On March 6th, The Fellowship Board and VOLUNTEERS will serve a pancake supper prior to the Ash Wednesday service.
On the following Wednesdays of Lent, soup suppers will again be prepared by a variety of people. Please watch the bulletin board at the end of February for the opportunity sign up and serve in this way.
Easter will fall on April 21st. Would you like to attend an Easter breakfast? Would you be willing to organize and supervise this congregational fellowship opportunity? We would love some fresh energy and ideas.
Congregational Christmas Banquet
On December 8th, the Fellowship Board served 150 members and guests a traditional turkey dinner. The theme of the evening was "Joy to the World, the Lord is Come". Our pastors were honored for their dedication and service to our congregation. The evening was made possible because of the many people who provided food for the meal, decorated the gymnasium space, acted as musicians, emcees and presenters, worked forever in the kitchen, and returned to clean up following the event. We are so grateful for the members who bring their children, grandchildren, friends and neighbours to share in the blessings of Christian love and fellowship.
A sincere thank you to all!
The Fellowship Board
Six Little Stories - by Sudhir
1. One day, all the villagers decided to pray for rain. On the day of prayer all the people gathered, but only one boy came with an umbrella. That's FAITH.
2. When you throw babies in the air, they laugh because they know you will catch them. That's TRUST.
3. Every night we go to bed without any assurance of being alive the next morning, But still we set the alarms to wake up. That's HOPE.
4. We plan big things for tomorrow in spite of zero knowledge of the future. That's CONFIDENCE.
5. We see the world suffering, but still we get married and have children. That's LOVE.
6. On an old man's shirt was written a sentence. "I am not 80 years old, I am sweet 16 with 64 years of experience." That's ATTITUDE.
Have a happy day and live your life like the six stories.
(When I was a child I thought nap time was punishment. Now it's like a mini vacation.)
- submitted by Lorna Olsen